A Message From the Universe ~ Quality Time with Self
Today’s Message from the Universe urges you to spend some quality time with yourself.
We are trained from birth to do and be all the things. We are told that “Idle hands are the devil’s playground” and are made to feel guilty when taking a day off, even when quite sick and contagious. Even when we do have time to ourselves, we fill that time with all the things that keep us from spending time with our actual selves. The thing is, everything we do is better when we’re not coming from a point of exhaustion, lethargy, or irritability, and you don’t need to be missing sleep in order to feel any of these things.
Not only is there a need to have quiet time with ourselves, but it’s also something that truly makes us feel good and allows us to handle our difficulties with grace and, dare I say, ease. This is where meditation comes in and meditation takes many forms, including the creation of art. If you have a difficult time trying to meditate then I suggest you forget what you have known and heard about this practice.
We tend to think that we must clear our minds to do it successfully but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Practicing meditation is what helps you learn how to clear your mind but it is also a tool that helps you learn to hear your inner voice over the chaos of your monkey brain and even the most difficult of environments.
Meditation has been scientifically proven to do the following:
- Eases Anxiety and Depression
- Bolsters Self-Confidence
- Reduces Stress
- Reduces Inflammation
- Improves Sleep
- Improves Brain Health
- Helps to Curb Addiction
- Eases Pain
- Helps to Control Food Cravings
- Decreases Blood Pressure
So how can you find the time to meditate and what’s the easiest way to start?
Don’t wait for a good time. Make time and schedule it as you would schedule an appointment with a doctor. All you need is 5 minutes to start. As you become more comfortable with the practice of meditation, the time will naturally begin to increase. Try out some of the tips below and you will develop the practice that fits you best.
- Focus on your Breathing:
- Just listen to and feel your breath moving in and out of your body. As thoughts come in, acknowledge them without judgment and bring your focus back to your breath.
- Grab your Headphones
- :While there are plenty of apps out there, YouTube has a wide selection of helpful guided meditations, music, and sounds that can help to keep the distraction from your environment and persistent thoughts to a minimum. I am currently listening to “ADHD Relief Music: Polyrhythmic Music for Focus and Studying” as I write this. I highly suggest binaural beats and the sounds of nature such as the sound of rain or waves crashing on the beach. Try a lot of different sounds to find what fits you and build yourself a playlist.
- Pick a Color and Shape:
- This is especially helpful when learning how to visualize things. For example, I started out holding a red-filled circle in my mind and often find that visualizing a spiral helps me transition into different states.
- Include your Favorite Crystals:
- While there are stones that have meditation-related properties, you can use any crystal that you love or are feeling for the day.
- Don’t Wait for Your Space to be Perfect:
- While it’s really nice to have a space for your practice, it’s important to avoid giving yourself the excuse of waiting for everything to be just right and helpful to be able to practice wherever you happen to be. Being comfortable is also important but there are times when physical comfort might not be attainable. Being able to meditate, even in a small way, can help provide a little distance from that discomfort or pain.
- Creation can be Meditative:
- Whether you put pen to paper, paint on a canvas, or create nourishing food in your kitchen, these things can not only be meditative but they’re opportune activities for weaving in your love and working on manifestation.
I hope these tips are helpful for you and I would love to hear any tips you might have 🙂
CHECK OUT THIS DECK:
Thank you! Your tips and donations help to pay for the website and other costs that help me to bring these messages to you 🙂
Song of the Day may be offensive to some, so listen with discretion.
I am not a doctor. Advice from the “Message from the Universe” and other posts is meant to help with spiritual and self-development in conjunction with medical treatment, not to replace it. If you are depressed or in a bad situation, please seek help from the medical and/or charitable places that are local to you. I want you to be healthy in body, mind, and spirit 💙
I am also not the artist or author who created the decks used for the “Message from the Universe” posts. However, the pictures of the cards, the interpretation, and the written words in blog posts are created by me. You can find the decks and crystals I use in my shop along with a bunch of other stuff 🙂